- Fully proficient in set-up, calibration, utilization, and data processing of various design and optimization equipment and software (HP, Grayson, Comarco, TEMS)
- Perform site candidate evaluation and selection
- Support of leasing/zoning teams
- Comprehensive knowledge of at least two of the common industry propagation tools (Planet, Tornado,Wizard, Odyssey, dB Planner, etc.) for model calibration, drive test data post-processing, map generation,frequency planning and interference matrix analysis, site database maintenance, etc.
- Verify RF related site engineering drawings
- Perform design criteria, system dimensioning, link budget and traffic analysis
- Perform frequency and BCC planning
- Understand equipment co-location requirements for multiple operators and perform inter-modulation analysis
- Good knowledge of system topology and air interface parameters for at least 3 of GSM/GPRS, EDGE, CDMA, TDMA, iDEN, network technologies
- Understanding of system topology and air interface parameters of at least one of the main 3G technologies (UMTS, 1XRTT/3XRTT, OFDMA, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of the main equipment vendors like Nokia, Ericsson, Nortel
- Carry out optimization techniques (proper antenna selection for optimal horizontal/vertical performance, mechanical/electrical tilting, appropriate transmit power setting, antenna clearance, neighbor list analysis, etc.) for optimal site/cluster performance
- Generate RF engineering related reports in Excel, Access, SQL as required.
- Assume the RF lead role, manage and co-ordinate activities of the RF team as required.
- Play an active role in recruitment of RF engineering staff and be a mentor to other engineering colleagues as required
- Help to define processes and procedures for RF engineering tasks.
- Communicate RF team budget, milestones and deliverables to project management and implement plans to accomplish the milestones within budget, as required.
How to apply:
Click here to Apply Online for this job. You will be redirected to an external website